By repairing, you save your old windows from being thrown in the landfill, and once repaired, they can be maintained for the life of the building.
Chosen Wood Windows restores, rebuilds and reproduces sash, wood and windows and doors. Chosen Wood Window ‘s philosophy is to reuse what is good and replace what is necessary. We reuse all the good wood components in the existing window. If we replace the glass with insulated glass, we reuse the distorted wavy glass on other historical projects.
- Discarded windows add to already overcrowded landfills.
- Manufacturing replacement windows produces still more waste.
- Large amounts of energy are consumed to extract and process raw materials, and then to assemble, transport, and install replacement windows.
- Replacement windows use nonrenewable resources such as petroleum.
- Forests are being depleted in the production of wooden replacements.
- Replacement windows may contain toxins (e.g., PVC, the single most environmentally damaging of all plastics and one of the most hazardous consumer products ever created).